Friday, November 6, 2009

:(

Maid, Aunty Edna is leaving. She's in the living room reading the papers with her usual morning coffee. I'm in the room, tearing away at the thought of her not being with us anymore from today onwards.

It didn't felt that real until just now when I realized as the time is ticking away, the lesser time we have with her. I was upset when her tickets were confirmed but I kept telling myself that it is not time yet, I shouldn't be too bothered about it. Now that the time has come, I'm lost. I don't know what to do. I just wish we had more time with her, and that she will not leave us forever. How selfish am I to think of that? Sigh..

I'm old enough to think, unlike Zel. Aunty's family needs her more than anything else. And if at that time she was given a choice, she wouldn't leave her family to work overseas at all. I kept telling myself to think positively, maybe the new maid isn't that bad either? (though we can't stop talking about how bad she is since she came :x)

People come and go in our lives, and some leave on a bad note, while some stays in your heart no matter how far the distance may be between the two of us. And I know no matter where I may be, or where I'll go, a piece of Aunty will be with me <3

If you ever find this someday Aunty, I love you. I don't know why I still can't say that to you in your face but please know that I do. I always have, and I always will. I hope your children will start to treasure you like the way we do, appreciate what you have been doing for them the past years. Thank you Aunty, for being in my life and a part of our little family :)


P/s: you'll always have us ♥

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home