Wednesday, January 7, 2009

When everything breaks; you are the anchor that holds me

I remember when I lied down next to you, your slow, deep breathing was the only sound in the room--like a lullaby hummed to a child, like a whisper of a rocking chair, like the ticking of an old clock when you had nowhere you needed to go.. It was the sound of comfort.


When I looked right into your eyes today, it felt right. All over again. And when you smile, you light up the entire place in my eyes. That look into your eyes felt right, felt like before, felt like everything that was supposed to be. Right then, I was ninety nine point nine percent sure I was awake, alive and not dreaming. I couldn't believe I managed to look into your eyes again. I'm glad. I always like the sparkle I see in your eyes.

The sound of your velvet, almost perfect voice touched me, again.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home