Monday, June 8, 2009

A love so intimate that our words need not be said


It is easier said than done :)

Class on Friday was dreadful. But the train ride home, was perfect. Bff went City Hall for her facial (& FINALLY changed her vintage phone!) while I alighted at Outram & headed straight home for cozy tv dinner. Thanks for the Memories is so..good. It makes me think so much. Adore her books. I can't wait to finish this and Goodnight, Beautiful so I can get Lessons in Heartbreak!!!!!!!

We all get lost once in a while, sometimes by choice, sometimes due to forces beyond our control. When we learn what it is our soul needs to learn, the path presents itself. Sometimes we see the way out but wander further and deeper despite ourselves; the fear, the anger or the sadness preventing us returning. Sometimes we prefer to be lost and wandering, sometimes it's easier. Sometimes we find our own way out. But regardless, always, we are found.
—Cecelia Ahern (Thanks for the Memories)


I woke up early to have breakfast with the family at Ikea Tampines on Saturday morning. I feel like time is wasted having breakfast because I'd rather sleep than to eat, but this is one thing that mom really appreciates the two of us doing. And on 2009's new year resolutions, one of them includes having breakfast with the family once a fortnight. I brought the camera out but left it in my pocket & totally forgot about it 'cos I was busy trying to keep myself warm! It was really cold in the cafeteria. I had awful pancakes, damn plain. (N) The bowl of mee siam that Zel had was pretty good, not better than SJC's canteen's, definitely :D After breakfast, we went to walk around. Put off my full length mirror plans again. No space for it :( Bought two towels (which only cost $4.90 each!) in my shade of red & a blue one.

Then we headed over to Giant! Groceries shopping, my favourite thing to do. But mom hates it whenever we're around. Hahaha we'd just put a lot of stuff into the trolley without them knowing :D bought Japanese crispy chicken & seaweed chicken! yayyyyy

Headed home, tried to nap but failed. Watched telly, girlf called & I started preparing. She came to pick me at around 4plus & we took a bus to Tampines One! She was feeling hungry so we went straight to Thai Express upon arrival. 'twas yummilicious!

 
While waiting for food, she snapped this. Still very obsessed!
 
Curls look better now, IMO!
 
  
  
  
Beef glass noodles! (L)
 
Tom Yum Goong! Damn good
 
Crispy prawn balls! I eat this all the time when I'm in BKK
 
Phad Thai noodles, I will order this on our next visit!
 
Hungry girlf :)

Shopped around, bought bread from the Japanese bakery that Zoe recommended! (Ban, I hope you're safe in Genting now ♥ luv you!) Diva is boring now, although I just love going in there. Prices increased so much! Three bangles for $23, a pair of lightweight earrings for $19!? Wayyyyyy overpriced

Took a bus back. Went to Best Denki to check out the iTouch & the earpiece. Girlf said it is either Sims 3 or iTouch. :( I really want both! I didn't want her to spend too much on me as she don't work, she save up all these money & I do feel bad for overspending. I wanted to talk to mom about it first then we'll see how it goes. Hopefully mama will get it for me!


Sunday was spent at home, as usual but the unusual thing is, Aunt Shirley, Uncle Eric & their two girls came over for dinner. They bought chicken wings from Crystal Jade for us :) Dinner was fab, with the six of us squeezing at our dining table. Cozy wozy! After dinner, we watched Night at the Museum on Channel 5. Brought the two girls with Zel to the supermarket to get ice-cream. Jenae is getting very mischievous! Whenever I tried to steal her food, (I mean, in the playing way) she'd hit me. If I took her waterbottle, she'd complain! Hahahaha super cute when she pout and complain.


Badminton today was greeeeeat. Jac came with J, Zel couldn't make it as she had a last minute appointment with Godma. So we met at the mall, took a cab in, made payment for our booking & started playing! I forgot to bring shuttercock. I was so absent minded. Girlf didn't remind me 'cos she didn't wanna be naggy and thought I'd bring it. :x Went to the 7-11 & bought one whole roll. Really lousy ones. After the game, we ate a little at Mac's. No garlic chili sauce at that Mac's outlet :((((

 
This is what it became after a few games! How lousy
 
Our things
 
  
Girlf the prooo
  
Jac the 'coach' hahahah


Oh, let me show you my recent buys! I haven't really shopped in awhile. As in shop productively! I wanted to buy this dress online and the girl didn't reply me. Not fated to be mine or what??

 
From Cotton On for $10!
 
Lovely bow ring :D
Got the both two items on Thursday at Hougang Mall. Was there for lunch with mama!
 
Electric eraser & refills from Daiso given by Godma!

Before I forget, there's another person who took my username & used it as hers. Bravo, girl! Way to go. To think we were friends. =/ Forget it, I'm gonna confront her if she doesn't reply my message to her on Twitter. Is it better if I blog once in a while or should I do it on a daily basis? I just feel so lazy sometimes. I will try to the blogging-daily vibe back though. It's just tiring to edit the photos and all. But if I don't blog, you can always read my tweet & plurks! :D I update regularly, thanks to tweet.sg :)

Tomorrow, it's a bffs day out!! We're gonna go for sushi, then to get some diy stuff! Yay finally some girl time for me. Outing with Sass on Thurs isn't confirmed. No swimming for me, pleaseeeeeeeeee, no bikini either!! :( :( please have mercy on me omg. Before I go, I shall leave you with one of my favourite quote from the book.

I always thought our marriage could survive anything as long as we both tried. But then I found myself having to try to try. … What was the thing that could make two people want to spend every day of the rest of their lives together? Ah, I found it. It was a thing called love. A small simple word. If only it didn’t mean so much, our marriage would be flawless.
—Cecelia Ahern (Thanks for the Memories)

Have a great Tuesday, guys!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the memories, is it nice? :D Maybe you can do a small review on your blog! :D

June 9, 2009 at 1:16 AM  
Blogger Glynis ♥ said...

I will do the review when I'm done with the book! Teehee it's so good, so unputdownable.

June 9, 2009 at 1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi where did you get the top from? where did you perm your hair? where did you get the bow ring? where was the thai express you went to? where are you studying now? where did you get the dress you wore in the last last last last last entry?

DO I SOUND LIKE A STALKER BFF? HAHAHAHA just that i dont use scriptedrama for my nick! omggggg cant believe how some people can be so thick skin!

OK 99cents sushi tmr!! FINALLY (L) YOU BFF

June 9, 2009 at 1:41 AM  
Blogger Glynis ♥ said...

to the most sickening anon:
I got my top & bow ring from cotton on. I permed my hair at my aunt's saloon in Braddell, called Brenda's Saloon. I went to the Thai Exp outlet at Tampines One, which was freezing cold. I'm currently studying in MDIS. My dresses are usually from FEP, or online. Leave the date of the entry so I can tell you exactly where I got it from yeh :)

YOU ARE A STALKER WHAT ELSE HOW YOU GET TO KNOW ME! hahahaha

ok see you bitchy face (L) chew bff

June 9, 2009 at 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home